It' s been a pretty uneventful couple of days... I got to teach Relief Society yesterday. It was really cool. I taught the 4th lesson out of the Joseph Smith manual. About the BoM, the Keystone of our religion. I drew a keystone on posterboard and had the girls fill in some stuff that supports and is supported by the BoM. It was alright I guess. No complaints lol. I've been pretty bad at writing to Chance lately. I got two letters from him today and some pictures. It made me nearly cry when he talks to me about his dreams, or on the flip side, his reality of not feeling like he is a good missionary, and losing sight of why he is out there. It breaks my heart. But at the same time he is better at not trying to mention marriage to me. He has a way to go yet... I miss him like crazy.
The Rexburg life isn't too happenin right now. Sadie Hawkins dance is coming up next week so that's kind of exciting to see all the girls thinking up such creative ways to ask the guys out. There's been some interesting stuff. I thought mine was creative, but sheesh. I just made a vinyl record looking thing and wrote on the back of it. One girl made a puzzle of notes and the guy has to pop the balloons and put the note-puzzle together. Another made a big hersheys kiss and put kisses all over his room something like that and wrote on the cardboard kiss. It's a lot of fun really. I wish it weren't so strange for girls to ask guys out. I find it rather fun actually. lol I'm always the weirdie. Most missionaries don't enjoy tracting, but I love it! Eh well. I'll continue to be so.
I'm trying to get my mom into the mindset that kids date, and don't have to be dating. Whenever I tell her I have a date, she's like, you flusie! How many boyfriends do you have?! lol I'm tell her, mom, you can date without having a boyfriend! Silly woman. It's funny though.
Eh well, I'm way tired and my thoughts are gone. Til another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment