Sunday, March 16, 2008

Danse, ou ne danse pas.

Today was good. I slept til 11:30 so I felt like a bum, but getting some extra sleep was nice. I got some English homeowork done, and went to enrichment. Enrichment was fun. We got into groupd based on color coordinated easter eggs we hunted before, and in the eggs there were questions that we went over with our girls. One of the questions I got to discuss was How does having the temple so close to you change your life. My answer didn't exactly answer the question, but I had something of epiphany. I mentioned that I liked looking to the temple as I walked up the hill in the cold and snow, and I couldn't feel my face and with every step I was cursing the Rexburg hill and weather, but then I would see the temple. With every step I took I was closer to the temple and while that wasn't my destination I felt like my thoughts and actions should be near to the thoughts and attitudes I would have inside the temple. So with every step I drew nearer to the temple physically, I tried to mentally-spiritually do the same. the same principle kind of radiates through the rest of what we do too. No matter how far away from the temple we live, everything we do can reflect how we feel, and our worthiness and just our lives, so live and example how you would live if you could be like Anna the prophetess and kind of live in the temple! That was my neat little thought for today. :)
Anyways, after that I just read scriptures for a while in the lounge. Blake and Alex did homework, reading made me tired so I came home and crashed on the couch. Not really. I just laid there for a while. Then got up and went to the grocery store, came back and got ready to go to guitars unplugged with Jersey, Blake, Heather, Keith, Beth, and Ryan. It was really cool! People here really have some good talent! It was crazy, so cool. Then there was a dance over, and it was a little weird but a lot of fun! We all danced for like an hour I guess. Me and Blake tried to do swing dance we knew, but it was pretty crowded so it didn't really work. Then Jersey seen Erin Reger and that group so we went to the corner of the gym and danced over there, then slowly people just left, and Heather, Keith, and Jersey went to like the front of the gym without me noticing at all. Me and Blake stayed in the back of the gym doin our own thing. Swing dance, and cha cha lol. It was interesting. I can't triple step swing for beans. Then again I can't really dance for beans like that. I can still kind of do my classical dance. I have bad balance these days but I remember stuff from high school. Then we all walked back up to Aspen, ordered pizza and talked. My feet are killing me , flats are bad for being on my feet for very long! but it was fun as usual with our group. I love it! The only bad thing about the track system. Groups are never safe. There is always the staggered two semesters where the group is never the same. Kind of sad, but I like it at the same time. Each semester seems to be better than the last. What will I ever do when I am a senior?!? How much fun will that be... ah! But that's some time from now. After all, I might be gone for an extra year and a half from my schooling. Crazy. Anyways, that was today. We are going to have dinner at Keiths tomorrow... that should be fun! And we are going to watch the testaments because Jersey hasn't seen it. Maybe she will actually get to watch it unlike me my first time watching it lol. Anyways, I think thats it. Nothing too profound that I can write about. :)

1 comment:

Blake said...

Just so you know, it should be spelled ostracized, not ostrasized.