Today was a gooooood day!! My first two classes were cancelled so I got to sleep until ten, and then it was just a productive day after that. I got laundry done, and a lot of homework done. I also got to go to s Student Ambassador seminar. I miss that program. It hasn't done as much this semester as last semester. There haven't been any call campaigns, I miss those! It was really cool to talk to the prospective students, and their parents. Putting their mind at ease about silly administrative things that no normal person outside the university can understand. The visit days are good though, always a good time! I wish we could do them more often even. Anyways, then I went to class at 3, and it was good, I understood everything we talked about, I feel so accomplished when that happens! Then I took 2 tests, and walked back to my apartment and got some dinner and played a couple games of pool. I had to go to a meeting at nine for the Student Rep Council campaign commitee. My friend Jes is running for SRC president so we had to go see what we were allowed to do and what we weren't allowed to do. I hope Jes does well, she is so passionate, it would be cool to see her as SRC president.
I rediscovered my passion to teach again today. I never really lost it. But sometimes I just begin to think that anybody can teach and they just drew my name from a hat to teach, and they didn't just want ME to teach specifically. Then I realized today as I reflected on the visit days with ambassadors, the uncertainty of who to put me companions with because I was "a strong one" and switching me around a few times before the day actually came. It makes me feel good to know and understand the things I know because of teaching prospective students about the university.Then I thought about the past two years. There's seldom been a time where I wasn't in leadership or in a teaching calling. Primary teacher, sunday school teacher, FHE coordinator(which normally caused me to teach the lesson each week...), sunday school teacher for the miamaids and deacons, again for the priests and laurels, relief society teacher, student ambassador. It's amazing the experiences I've had! I'm one lucky duck.
I think I have finally decided to really go to Phoenix this summer. It will be good. It will. I hope I retain the friends I have made this semester over the summer. The great thing about college is meeting all the new people. The sucky thing is that the friendship, regardless of value is sometimes based on convenience. And when the semseter is over, schedules change, and the convenience is lost, result, the friendship faults and probably fades. This semester has been crazy good for making new friends. It's been awesome! I hope it's true in the fall semester too. Anywho. Not too much in the deep thoughts or personal epiphanies tonight. Til another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment