Little moments.
We got to talking today in my prep for eternal marriage class (I know, I know, how MORMON!) about continually working to make give your best to your significant other. My prof (who as of today has been married for 38 years) said that he gives his wife roses on valentines day, even though he knows she gives them to her patients. But he knows that giving her roses inspires her to serve, and lift others. Isn't that sweet? So I got to thinking about giving your best, and holding back your worst.
Today, at about 12:30 I was walking to this marriage class, which isn't too far from my apartment, like 3 blocks. And as Blake and I trudged up the hill to the Taylor building, I found myself a little complain-y about the cold, and the wind, and the sludge, and how much more work it was to walk in the sludge of the old snow mixed with sand for a gross little mixture everywhere even minutel trafficked. The last thought that came to my head completely changed my thought process. I thought something like 'it takes so much longer to walk throught this mess! Why do I go to school here again?!?" That triggered a thought process I definitely wasn't going towards. I began to think about the LDS pioneers. How they crossed the plains and mountain passes in the snow, some without nice shoes, warm and dry socks, a jacket, and spending only a span of like ten minutes in the unfavorable weather. Finding my thoughts lost in this experience I found I had forgotted about my numb face and chattering teeth, and before I knew it, we were at the Taylor building, and into warmth.
Isn't life funny? I hope everyone can take their complaints and put them into a perspective that comepletely makes you lose your terrible situation, and appreciate all that you DO have, instead of what you don't have.
(Like one of those enclosed golf cart things that some people get to ride around in on Campus.)
3 comments:
You're good people miss. Love ya :)
You're so Mormon... well done.
Yes. Yes I am. Hah!
Post a Comment