Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life, as it were.

Welll... I'm doing well. I actually got wayyy ahead on my homework today. Primarily because the Chief at work went to a meeting, and so I had some stuff to do while he was gone, but once it was done I had nothing to do, and no one there to give me new stuff that needed to be done so I did some homework. Got 1.5 econ assignments done, the other half having been done a couple days ago. That's really all the home work I did at work. Then I went and took my accounting quiz, got like an 85 or something on it, so not too bad considering there were 8 ratios to remember, and one algorithm on there that our teacher specifically told us wouldn't be on there (which I got correct, yea, go me!) but that's cool I guess. I've also been getting A's on my Econ assignments without reading any material, and I think I sleep with my eyes open in that class or something cause I don't rememeber a thing! Eh well. Luckily my religion classes aren't terribly demanding. BYU-I's religion classes are pretty nuts about req's. It really takes the spirit out of learning the material because there is just SO much busy work in some of the classes. But my D&C class is fair, but the teacher is WAY repetitive, and I remember things pretty acurately after the second time through it, but he's covered the same thing every class period this year, expounding a little little bit at the end of class. It's going at a snail's pace, and he is definitely covering the D&C in a way I wasn't expecting. Oh well. That is way too much talk about school.
Moving on.
Obama was inaguarated yesterday... woop-dee-do. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it is pretty funny that the man who is praised for articualte tongue messed up the oldest tradition of the presidency, the oath. I mean I guess he's so busy he just didn't have time to be able to remember it exactly, and that pesky justice slacking and all. Grief people. A fine demonstration of the brains we have in D.C. Awesome.
I have to say, I've been a little reflective today. I watched the Errand of Angels, it's about a sister missionary. I started thinking about all the things in my life that panned out, and now I look back on and all those experiences totally set me up to be able to accept the Gospel. From my lil brother passing away down to my desperate need for a friend the summer before I was baptized. Everything in between, and thereafter. I mean, like I didn't have any addictions to give up, I hadn't done anything so terrible I thought that God could never love a wretched soul as mine, the Elders that taught me were so amazing, they had to have had the spirit with them for them to teach me in such a way that I actually listened, and not only listened, but hearkened. And jus the fact that they were in Columbia, doing what they should be dong when they should be doing it was all just too amazing not to be divine. I've seen the apostate missionaries. I've watched them sitting and playing video games and wondered to myself who was missing the Gospel at the very moment they weren't where they were supposed to be doing what they were supposed to be doing. It's an awesome thing. The whole lot of it. The church, and all they do to prepare people to encourage, uplift, and strengthen without whole overbearance. I mean really. How can anyone doubt that? Ya can't. The end!
"And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care"
-D&C 12:8

No comments: