Thursday, September 30, 2010

My job is hilarious

Today was a crazy day at work. We have what is called a Medical Unit Trailer. The unit is for firefighters and EMT's that are on the frontlines of wildfires. Well, these people need to be taken care of too, so we spent a bundle of money here at the Madison County Fire Department, and we take care of those personell that are on the front lines. It's a little bit crazy when the trailer goes out, there's paperwork to be done, certifications to prove, contracts to follow, the beurocratic paper pushing. So the trailer was dispatched today, and as soon as I got to work, we were running around (literally) making sure the trailer had everything it needed, paperwork, and supplies wise. A couple hours later, we are squared away and the trailer is off. In the madness of the day I needed to go see my boss about something and I forgot what it was, so I asked if he needed anything in general, and he said no, before I could leave his office He said, oh! you can call Church Headquarters and get 7 tickets to conference this weekend. I laughed at him. But he was serious. So, my quest for conference tickets began. I called the Church Headquarters, talked to about 6 people, finally got in touch with the conference coordinator! Longer story short, I now have 5 tickets for the Sat. A.M. session, 2 for Sun A.M. and 3 for Saturday p.m. Holy blessings! I'm so excited to go to conference again!! :D And tomorrow I have the privelege of hearing from Chance's ex-mission president and now Area 70 President for New Zealand/Australia at their mission reunion. This is going to be an awesome weekend! :D

No comments: