Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy School Year!I

Well, school has begun. Two days of classes down, and how many to go? I have CIT 230 with Chance's mission companion Josh Lillywhite, and our cousin Jacob, and my Econ 358 class I have with two guys from my IBC company, and my old bishop's wife is in my Comm 352 class. Neat stuff. I have Business 499 on monday, wonder if I'll see anyone I know in there? :)
Nothing too interesting to speak of just yet. Comm 352 (Persuasion) is going to be interesting, to say the least. The course is SOO much less structured than any other class I've been in I think. It's a lot of free writing, self reflection, and just learning guiding principles in dealing with people and issues in a non-threatening way. It will be a good course to have, especially coupled with Comm 450 (Conflict Management), but it will definitely be an adjustment. After this semester I just have to get an internship and take Comm 450 online, and I can officially graduate! :) I'll probably walk in April and then get an internship over the summer, the likelihood of finding a Supply Chain internship around Rexburg just doesn't seem likely.
We're going to go to a 9.11 memorial in about an hour. I remember being in 8th grade algebra class when the towers were attacked, it was so confusing then. We were just told that the school was on lockdown (because NYC attacks threaten rural Kentucky?) and that planes had crashed, and they'd let us know more later. The TV's were turned on to the news stations, and it became more clear what was going on. I can't understand how diluted people have to be to want to intentionally kill completely innocent people. Even if views are different, how brainwashed can someone be before they think killing humans is what God wants them to do? I think if God wants to destroy a people, He can pretty well handle it on his own... The Flood, Soddom and Gommorah... helllooo, and I agree with Jeff Dunham on the topic, why would you want to have to teach 72 virgins how to have sex anyways? :) Just a little odd to me. One man is enough, thank you! Well, I'm glad there was such a surge of patriotism stemming from the events, but why couldn't we show our patriotism before? Do we really have to sacrifice thousands of innocent people in order to feel a certain renewed pride in flying the American flag from our homes? I was proud to live in America before 9.11, and as an 8th grader, I think I was just beginning to comprehend what it meant to live outside of the U.S.... what about full-grown adults who should know pretty darn well what it would mean to be born in Iran or North Korea instead of the U.S. and be down on their knees thanking their God that they were blessed to this wonderful country where they can contribute to the solution and freedom of other nations, rather than be oppressed by them. The U.S isn't perfect, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else (for too long...).
:D

No comments: