So.. it's interesting that today I was kind of ranting about how awful Brookstone is being run, and it's dirty, and unorganized, and just kinda wilting. Today I found out that the crazy manager that hired me is being fired, the manager that just started like 2 weeks ago is quitting on saturday, and two of the employees that work there are going to quit as of saturday. There are only like 8 people that work there as it is, so worst-case scenario, I'm going to be scheduled a lot more, because I feel no particular allegiance to any manager there to justify leaving over their untimely demises. However, I am going to rally the new manager that will begin on Saturday to bring me up as a sales manager or HR manager or something like that because I realllllyyyy have good ideas for what needs to happen to make that store ten times better, and I have a degree, annnd I'm just made for such a job. So, hopefully hopefully hopefully he will bring me on as management. I had an awesome night tonight on the register, it was really just two rich Mexicans came in and bought a bunch of stuff, but I sold it and like 3 other transactions that totalled about $1800 of the days $2100 in sales. So I pretty much look like a freakin awesome sales person is what it comes down to. :)
So wish me luck, I really need this! The pay would basically quadruple what I make now with two jobs, and the experience would look waaayyy better on a resume.
No comments:
Post a Comment