Monday, September 21, 2009

More headway!

Well, we printed and cut some announcements (like.. 2) and scrutinized over the minor details.. decided the paper we printed the photos on just wasn't working, so we went to Kelly Paper Co. and got some sample photo paper that we're going to play with and then pick one and print all the announcements and send them out perhaps next week? Dunno. We have to spend like $65 on postage, sooo, I guess it'll be when we can get that! lol Also decided on a honeymoon spot right in the middle of Mission Beach Cali, it's going to be awesome! And budgeted out our honeymoon, and started getting to the nitty gritty details of the reception, redesigned the centerpieces cause what I had in mind just wasn't working. Scheduled the building officially, got my dress of course, I should have my shoes any day and will then schedule a tailor and fitting to make my dress a corset top! Woo! lol Annnd just lots of little things to take care of. Including the honeymoon, reception, dress and all the little things we're spending under $3K on our wedding, and still grimacing at that. For perspective, my uncle bought his most recent wife an engagement ring that costed $4K... my dad spend around $3K on just the bar at his reception... so, our entire wedding is being done for SUPER cheap relatively. I figure we're only gunna get to have our reception once right? Well, actually, I think it would be fun to throw a big anniversary party for like our 15th anniversary or something and make it like another wedding reception, see if I fit into my dress again and so on.. lol but that's another story! I also have been researching flowers, at the suggestion of a friend (Thanks Autumn!) I have been looking at doing nice silk flowers so I can keep them afterward (I'm so freaking nostalgic I dunno why I didn't decide on doing that before!) and I'm too afraid to buy them online myself, and haven't found any at the craft stores here that I like, so I may have to go back to the florist I was going to use and take her offer to do silk ones. It'll be a little more costly I would imagine since they have to pay employees and shipping costs and all that, but the quality and insurance of it will probably outweigh the costs.
I start my job at BrookStone this week, and I will start at Victoria's Secret soon. They wanted me to start yesterday, but I told them I won't cause it's sunday and I told them I won't work on sunday, so I just have to wait til they do their next training/paperwork meeting. I wish I could be like, I'll come in and do the paperwork, and I'm pretty sure that any policies you have are lodged in my brain amongst common sense and ethics, so just let me go! lol. But what can ya do? We'll make it work. Things are looking better. :) We still have to find an apartment in Rexburg, it seems nowhere is sure if they'll have open apartments until like mid-november, it's just scary to put off having a place to live til like 3 weeks before you want to be there! So, if anyone in Rexburg would like to help me out by like physically going to a couple of apartments and telling me if they are somewhat like they're portrayed to be on their websites, that would be pretty helpful... we're looking at Cambridge Court, The Village (by Peterson Point on Pioneer Rd.) and Peterson Point. And if you know of any others that would be good send them our way! :)

No comments: