Friday, September 11, 2009

Here's to...

Frustration and triumph. I've noticed lately a greater deal of patience in myself lately. I am normally not one to go through a big amount of trouble to perfect projects. I convince myself that the imperfections will go unnoticed, or I just change what I want so that the end goal is achieved in a simpler way. As of late, however, I find myself sitting down and thinking through what I need to do, how to achieve it, and if I begin and realize it's not going to work, I get help! Things come together much easier with someone else's combined perspective. And who am I to withhold the blessing of service from someone else? I hate knowing that someone could have used help, help I would have happily given, but was unaware of the need because they didn't want to be a burden and ask. I love being able to help, and should extend the opportunity to be able to help to other people as I wish it to be extended to me.
Wedding plans are coming along nicely, on that note. Ty was a sweetheart and designed the announcements for us (I'm considering it our first wedding gift!), and Chance's grandpa is letting us use his printer to print them which saves us like $200. We hopefully have the Tucson North Stake Center open for the reception, the building scheduler never called back, but I think it'll be open the day after thanksgiving... centerpieces are designed, I just need to order one more part of them, got my shoes picked out and a place to get them dyed, going wedding dress shopping next week, endowment and sealing is scheduled, marriage license appointment is made, just gotta get the groom dressed, a cake, a reception "menu", and a honeymoon planned. Woo hoo!

No comments: