Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rainstorms and Books

Well, today I was in the house reading. I was previously reading outside (it was classic. Lawnchair, bright sunshine, pool, swimsuit, sunglasses, and a book) but it got too hot, and I don't have a good float so I can't read and float around the pool, so I decided to go inside and finish reading the chapter I was on when I heard a weird noise. I thought it was my mom. The old truck she used for work is kinda loud. But it lasted for a longer than it takes for my mom to pull into the driveway so I went outside, and it was pouring down rain!! I was so glad I came inside, and that my book didn't get caught in that mean ol rainstorm out of nowhere. Spontaneity is a trademark of Kentucky meteorology.
In the meantime, I've been talking about going to Tucson. It may happen a few weeks earlier if I don't get a job I'm going to apply for at Amazon.com. I'm hoping I can get a job and push back Tucson a couple of weeks because it would make everything easier, but we'll see. I've had a bad couple of days and have been getting really discouraged, and a little angry at my situation. But I think when I step back, and just stop for a second, I know it's okay. I have lots to be grateful for, and sometimes I don't express THAT as well I do my frustrations. Ah. Such is the natural man. Anyways. I won a 4 day 3 night vacay from taking some market survey thing. The kind of things that no one ever does cause there's some kind of catch. But I did it anyways, and the next day I got a phone call that said I won it, and that if I paid a $5 processing fee it was mine and such. Of course, there was a catch, that when I got it, they also gave me like 4 subscriptions to crap that I didn't want, but the guy I talked to was way swift, and he was like, alright, you're like the craziest person I've ever talked to and you seem cool, but really, just make sure you call this number, tell them to cancel all the trials, and then they can't bill your card for anything more than the $5 fee. I was like, okay. So now, I have all these amazing coupons, and travel vouchers for $5. So I'll take it. The dude I talked to on the phone was really neat, we had a second while I had to go search for my wallet so he was asking about KY, and I mentioned ID, and then he mentioned Cali, and I mentioned AZ, and turned out he grew up in Tucson, on the same street of the house I'll be staying in when I go, and he told me to go to some restraunt in the Foothills Mall (where Chance and I went on our first official date! haha!) and ask for Colby or Cody, I couldn't really understand, and tell him John sent you, and that I'd get free drinks or free something. So I'm gunna try it. lol. I figure why not? Dude is in Cali, and it's a public mall, so I'll check it out with some peeps while I'm there. It was an adventerous conversation. He called me crazy several times, which I'll take as a complitment. It was fun.
I got back in touch with an old high school friend of mine too. Named Sam, we met when I was sophomore, she moved to my school from Indiana, I was in colorguard and pep band, and she was a cheerleader, so both had to go to the basketball games. So, while Sam cheered, I'd make coo-ey faces like a lovestruck boy, and she'd make fun of me back, and her cheer coach would be like "good facials out there sam!" lol. Good times. Sam got married right out of high school, and I haven't spoken to her much since then, but now we talk as often as opporuntity allows, and man, life has happened. She's in the process of a divorce that's not allowed to go through until after she has her baby. Oh yes. Her husband asked her for a divorce, he cheated on her, she found out she was pregnant, and the commonwealth won't grant the divorce legally until after the baby is born. It's quite an adventure when you're with Sam. She's fun though, I missed her! It's sad we fell out of touch, it was really one of those falling outs of, one person left, and the other had big things going on, and we both kind of faded from each others lives. Not bitter or didn't like each other. But we're talking now, and that's good. :)
Wow. This is a very long, and probably fairly boring post. Sorry about that. But.. there you are. Some insight into my brain, and thoughts. Goodnight! I'll be here, forever!

1 comment:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Wow, your friend seems like she is having a hard time, which is understandable with the circumstances.

Good luck with your planning.