Monday, June 29, 2009

More concrete...

I talked to Brenda today for about half an hour and finally made things a little more concrete about going to Arizona. At least instead of having about five options, we made it two. :) We can either figure out a time for my Aunt to drive out with me, or I can stay put and meet them somewhere along the road, and ride back out to Tucson with them. I have my likes and dislikes about both. I would like to get to Tucson a few weeks before Chance, but I would also like to help them out. If I meet them and drive out it would lessen the load on their jeep, and probably make it a little more comfortable for the rest of the drive, even if it's just a couple of days.. buuut I'd rather not have mine and Chances first meeting in two years end up on the side of the road before he's released as a missionary and I can't even give him a hug.. lol. So.. we'll see. I'm excited about it. Either way.. it'll turn out good.. lol.
I have been watching a lot of those amazing wedding cake, and amazing cakes shows.. and I've been wanting to try doing a fondant cake for a while now. So a b-day gift to myself is for me to try doing that. I'm going to do a dark chocolate two layer cake with strawberries inbetween the layers, and cover it in white fondant and make it look like a wrapped gift. Not that anyone really wraps gifts in white wrapping paper, but I'm not sure how good my coloring of the fondant will turn out so I'd rather do the small stuff with the tinted fondant. So I'll post pics of that, if it comes out decent.. lol. So if you sees no pics of a cake in like a week... it was bad.. lol. The end!
I went to Chicago this past weekend, again. Left on friday afternoon and got back at like midnight on sunday. We went to a little place called Tommy Gun's Garage on 21st and Wabash. It's set up to be like a 1920's speak easy, when prohibition is in effect. The club is really cool, and comes complete with police raids, in which you must hide your booze, start shouting amen, hallelujah! like it's a southside revival, and then the "officer" pulls people on stage for sobriety tests. It was pretty fun! It's dinner and a show, the waiters and waitresses are the performers, and there were some really fun songs and dances and what not. It probably wasn't worth how much we paid for it, but it's so close to down-town, everything is over-priced, so not a terrible deal. Anywho... that's all I gots for now.

No comments: