Monday, December 15, 2008

Hoome!!

So, I'm home! YAY!
For the first time everything in traveling went fine. No delays, lost backage, bad security experiences, and so on. There was actually a tail wind on my first flight and we arrived a couple minutes early. Which was an all time first! I had a really neat thing happen during my lay-over in Midway-Chicago. I sat down with a seat in between me and one other girl, and I kept hearing her talk about Utah, but I shoved the LDS in me aside, and said not everyone from Utah is mormon, and this girl had a tongue ring, and talked a little crudely to her mother, so I assured myself I was right to assume she was not LDS. Wrong. A few minutes later this realllyyy creepy creepo of a guy sat between us two, and he started commenting on the things I was talking to my mom about on the phone, which was awkward I guess. But then he got up and left and the non-LDS girl asked if I knew him, and I said no. So we got to talking off of that, about where we were coming from, and heading, and we had both left from SLC, and were in school, when I said I went to BYU-Idaho, she said, so, you're LDS? And I said yes, and she was like, me too! And told me about what she had been doing in Utah. She had been baptized on the 18th of October this year, and apparently still needed to be taught some things, but that was cool. We talked a little on the plane, she was a nice girl. I sat looking out my window, and I decided to leave her a note. Just telling her some things that I wish someone had told me right after I had been baptized, and signed my name and e-mail address. And that was awesome! -The End.
Also, this was a very early day for me. I went to bed at 1am, got up at 4am, and flew out of SLC at 7am. It was the first flight I watched the sunrise in. It was gorgeous. There was just this beautiful glimmer outlining the mountains in the horizon, and then it was totally Lion King style, like BOOM! SUN! Oh man, it was beautiful.
Backtracking, I spent Saturday night-Sunday with Jacob and Elise. Man am I grateful for those two. They're wonderful, it's rare I see two people that are so right for each other, and have such a compassionate and caring relationship, taking nothing for granted of each other, and such communication between each-other. They're just awesome. Elise taught me how to make this cool and super easy rolo-pretzel treats, I think I'll go buy stuff to make them tomorrow so Mom has treats if she wants.

Gypsie: My sister's yorkie pup (8mos old) and backseat companion from Nashville to Columbia

The road (or lack thereof) in Idaho Falls

The I-15 south of IF-North of Pocatello

Anyways, that's basically my weekend.. now I'm home, chilling, and already not wanting to go back to Rexburg. I do like being home! :D
Happy Crispy!!

2 comments:

Blake said...

Wow. Looks pretty intense.

Beth said...

Wow, looks like you had quite the trip. I'm still here. Blah hahaha