Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Happenings of now!

Well, it's been a good two days back to school I guess, I got my accounting done, and even got an extra credit point! Yay! I have a lot of tests this week, which is soo bad for me, I would prefer massive assignments and papers any days because I am soo bad at studying, it's why I stink at taking tests most of the time, I don't focus on stuff when I study, and when I have the material at hand I remember it all, but I never remember it during the test. I never looked at myself as one of those people that freeze during tests, but I guess I am these days. Oh well, I'll get a couple of A's, and a couple of B's this semester, next semester should be better for my grades. I'll only have 11 actual credit hours, and the rest will be earned by doing my internship that I got TODAY! YAAYYYY!! I'm soooo stoked that I got this! For inquiring minds (who do not have facebook...) I got a paid internship with the city of Rexburg fire department. I'll be doing what my mom calls pencil pushing, however, there prolly won't be pencils involved. ;) lol I'll be doing billing and accounts to be paid by the city accrued by the emergency services deployed by Rexburg. I'm pretty pumped. Unfortunately the accountant for the city is in the middle of an audit, so he's quite busy, they haven't figured out how much they can pay me. I don't care though, a job is a job, and it fulfills my internship requiremement for the major, and I'll have money next semester!! AHH! I'm so excited for next year. I hope it's a better financial year for me, cause this one wasn't awesome. This is one of the reasons. This is my foot, post op, nine stitches exactly 10 days after my surgery. The nurse took the bandages off and I was fine, but for some reason just a couple minutes after seeing it, and just talking about how it's healing I started feeling soo nauseaus. It was like when you donate blood and feel sick. Ick. But it subsided after a few hours and off I went. I was on crutches most of monday, but my armpits started hurting like everything, so I decided to try walking a bit. The doctor said that walking on it a bit was normal, and that I should so that we know the toe is rotating the way it should even when I walk on it. :) The walking is going okay. With all the bandages I still can't wear a normal shoe, so the surgical boot kind of makes my ankle feel weird to walk much, so I still avoid it. Anywho. There we go. I also found a really good way to tell people what I like for christmas. Curious?
Check it. :)
I'm out.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Gross. Your foot in a 3X3 square. Dang....haha just kidding. It looks...good?? And nice wish list. I'll take pretty much anything on that page too!

A Drop of Gold said...

lol really? It's cause we are cool.
;)