Sunday, August 10, 2008
Legends and Death
So, today at church the speakers in sacrament meeting talked about ancestry and progenitors. Two speakers focused on their roots in the church. Another focused on the story and legend she wanted to leave behind when she was looked on as an ancestor of her progenitors. My roots in the church aren't even roots yet. My legend has much to be desired, and I'll eventually be the deep roots that someone talks about. And I want to be that story that everyone says wow, that was so cool. I want my grandkids and beyond should there be much deeper than such to want to share the story of how their family began their roots in the church. I don't want it to be ok to be mediocre. I don't want to just get by. I don't want to wonder if "it" is right or not. I don't want the gray area. I want it to be all white in my life, for generations to see, to gain from, to be proud to descend from. Then in Relief Society we had a lesson on death. There was a quote in the book from Joseph Smith on death, "Notwithstanding all this glory, we for a moment lose sight of it, and mourn the loss, but we do not mourn as those without hope." With this I thought of my little brother, and my family. How every year still around Austins birthday, and memorial day, and "Go Rest High on That Mountain" by Vince Gill gets them so sad, granted the Vince Gill song even gets me kinda sad, it's sensory emotion, that song is attached to his funeral. That's all. But then I'm glad that I can think of my brother and of when we'll get to hang out again! I thought of it as like when someone goes away on a trip and the happy reunion that comes when they come back. When they leave you don't know when you might see them again, you know they will return, but business, delays, family, things like that but eventually they get back, and the reunion is so sweet! It will be like that when I die and I get to see my brother again. Hopefully I outlive my mom and I can do her work and she will be able to raise up my little brother to his spirits full potential, and that we'll all be sealed by then as well. It will be sweet. I'm glad I know that. I wish I could get my mom to understand it. My dad seems so willing to find out, and that if he did, he might just accept it. That would be so sweet! But who knows. I'm just kind of ranting out my thoughts through the day. Til Later, anyways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw, I love this post. I'm glad you have a blog spot so I can keep updated more on you!!
Post a Comment