Well- I did it. I applied for a job out at the site because it pays $13/hr. After I applied and interviewed I almost hoped I didn't get the offer because the hours are 4:30pm to 3:00am. It's an hour drive! I would have to leave at 3:30, and chance doesn't get off work til 3! I'll be asleep when he leaves, and gone when he comes home! I didn't want that! But, I got offered the position and was given a week to decide. We were both really feeling like I shouldn't take the job because we'd never see each other, and I'd be dead once school started. But, after some prayer and lots of talking about it, I decided to take the offer. But, the procrastination payed off, they increased the amount of pay from $13/hr to $15/hr the day I accepted. I got a revised letter of offer, and accepted the position. We will be able to do so much with the extra money, we can make it work for the benefit of our futures. We can put away money to move, to pay a deposit, and perhaps save up some months rent so we can adjust to the inflated costs of living in California. I found out after I accepted the job that the company is Headquartered in San Francisco too, so I may have opened another door to finding a job once we move out to San Francisco. We contacted a Stake President there and asked for help finding housing. We got an e-mail back with two names to contact, both own apartments in San Francisco. One of the two is also a professor at the Academy of Art University, so maybe we'll catch a break! :)
We have so many hopes and plans to save for. We wanna have all the family come out to San Diego sometime and just mingle everyone.. kind of a real family wedding reception with at least parents and siblings! We wanna go on a cruise, we wanna do a lot! But who doesn't, really... :)
In any case, we're not thrilled about getting to spend little time together, but we know it'll benefit us in the long run, and we just have to endure for a few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment