Thursday, June 3, 2010

Doors and Windows...

Well, I didn't get the INL internship, but the managers interviewing for the position were very impressed with the BYU-I students they interviewed, and informed my global sourcing (business 466) professor that they were trying to get approval to hire another intern anyways. So maybe there's still hope? But, no time to dwell. I got an e-mail just a few minutes ago from Epic Ventures expressing their need for an intern this fall semester. It would essentially be a paycut, but it's not full time so I get paid, and I can still work at the fire department more than likely, and still play softball! Hah! I win. Maybe. So I applied to that just now. Basically it would be helping entrepreneurs perform research and build business plans and organize themselves for success. It's not ideally what I want to do, but it's right in Rexburg, and it has offices in Salt Lake and Arizona. It's convenient, and I'm still keeping Louis Vuitton in communications so if Chance and I end up going to Pasadena for his degree I can possibly still get in there.
We were able to go down to Provo for memorial day weekend! I got to meet Chance's mission companion Elder Hammond. He's a total cali-guy, and looks a lot less like Ty in person than he did in the photos I have of him and Chance. It was neat to meet someone else from his mission. We should have gotten a photo together! We didn't take any pictures while we were down there... how weird of us! We also got to go through the Salt Lake temple! That was very cool! We spent a lot more time in the temple that time than we normally do, it was great! We also got to see Jacob and Elise a few times, always fun to see those two. They're the coolest. Then we got to catch up with my old roomate Heather! I love Heather! She's my favorite roomate, and I'm way glad we still keep in touch after not living together for like two years now! It's been fun. I think that catches us up for now. Chance got to go bike riding yesterday with and up-and-coming roadie. This guy from N.C. is trying to get a cycling group going on wednesday nights, but he had to rent a bike and just went. Chance says he plans to shave his legs next week, buy his own bike eventually, and of course spandex! lol. Good stuff. They rode 13.5 miles. He's also wanting to start going with my global sourcing prof on tuesdays, he has a group that goes 35-40 miles each week. And there's the Roadie Power Hour group on thursdays that just go up and down the big hill going towards the temple as fast as they can for the whole hour. Chance says he isn't quite strong enough to attempt that right now, but we have goals! :) Anywho, that's enough for now! :)

No comments: