K. It's 40 degrees and snowing, and it's almost May. Darn you Rexburg! WARM UP! I wanna ride my bike, and enjoy the gardens and rivers and so on. GR!
Classes are going. I have to do a category research paper that's going to be massive, our teachers have kindly given us the whole semester to get it done, which begs the question- why??? Normally they'd push us and make us get something so big done in 4 weeks, so that makes me a little worried about the depth of this paper. I'm researching the supply chain in a general plastics industry... I haven't done much yet. Just found some companies, and resources that explain the process of making plastics. Should be interesting, I hope. The analysis we're doing is done by supply chain consultants that charge $2-4,000 per report- for exactly what we're doing. Crazy!
We also have an emphasis project that makes groups of people work together to develop something helpful and comprhensive for a company. I'm working with a guy I was in IBC with, and he's a hard worker, and the other guy I'm working with seems to be a pretty good worker too. We're looking at developing an inventory tracking system for the Plasma Center. It would track their supplies, average their usage based on volume, have a shortage warning based on inventory and volume, along with research on cheaper suppliers, backup suppliers, and the best amount of inventory to order at a time based on how much the supplier charges for shipping/handling/processing. It seems like it'll be pretty cool. That's all for me- gotta get Chance to get on here and let him ramble about his schooling! :D All seems well from my standpoint!
No comments:
Post a Comment