Saturday, April 24, 2010

New semester

I don't want to post a super long story about things that have happened, so I'll just highlight some stuff.
  • Well since we last posted things are looking like we will go to Pasadena or Cincinnati for Chance's design schooling.
  • Last semester ended- we passed all our classes, and my GPA is in tact still, and Chance did well.
  • After the semester we went the Chicago, and Kentucky, Chance finally met the majority of my family!!
  • We did a lot on our trip! We got to go to Comiskey and watch the Sox lose.. we went to Navy Pier where Chance rode a ferris wheel for the first time, we checked out the famous Chicago architecture, found a statue of a Hales ancestor downtown! Went to the National Corvette Museum, Rock House bottom ( a natural arch), the Louisville slugger museum, and bought a new car!
  • The car is awesome! It took weeks but we got the payments that we want, and got everything the way we wanted it, we love it!
  • The new semester is here and it looks like a beast. I'm in my Emphasis, it's basically the last semester of classes in my major. I have to do an internship after this and then I'm done. I'm also taking a cluster in CIT so I'm in a basic programming class this semester as well. Having watched Blake do all his programming stuff I feel a little familiar with things, but I also remember what a huge pain it can be, regardless of how well you may think you understand it.
  • Chance's semester is shaping up well. He has an art class, humanities, science, book of mormon, and math. He likes all of his classes so far! So let's hope for the best! :)
  • I'm still trying to get an intenship. There are a lot floating around in the supply chain emphasis right now, I've gotten three e-mails in the past two days about available internships with Wal-Mart, Kraft, and INL (Idaho National Labratory). I'm still hoping for Louis Vuitton in L.A. though.
Downtown from Navy Pier.
On Chances first Ferris Wheel ride! :)



Hung for treason against Britain- he was a spy for the U.S. and an ancestor to the Hales!



Chicago IL temple! I love that fountain!



Cars and Guitars- He's in the right place!

Fishing at J.C.s pond! Go Autumn!

At Rock House Bottom natural arch- not that you can see the arch...
There it is!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, you've been busy! I hope this semester is fun for you even though you seem like you'll be really busy. umm..that's all. Comment on my blog too :P

Katy said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! It looks like you were able to do a little bit of everything along the way!