So, today I went to run to town at like 10:30 this morning. And my car didn't start. Not the best way to start the day, and not what you want to happen one week before you leave on a roadtrip... lol. But the only thing it was was the battery. So I called Advanced Auto, and got the battery I needed, they didn't have it in the store but it would be on a truck and they'd call me between 2 and 3 that this afternoon to pick up the battery. Wasn't the most convenient thing since I planned on leaving town at like 3:30 to go to my sisters boyfriends house so he could put a new radio in my car. So 3p.m rolls around, and I called the store to make sure my battery was there. I was very harshly told that even though the truck was there they weren't going to have the truck unloaded til like 5 or so and they'd call when they got my battery off the truck. OK... so, 6pm rolls around. Still no battery. I was so livid by now I had mom call them and ask. And she was told to go to Russell Co. and get a battery if we needed it so soon. I wanted to smack the nasty out of this guy. You have noooo idea, I haven't been so mad at a human in a VERY long time. So finally, it looked like it was going to rain, and my car is completely dead, and the windows are down, so mom jumps my car just so I can row up my windows, and it's 8p.m. Well, I figured since the car is started lets call this jerks one more time and see if my battery is ready to pick up, 6 hours later. And OH HOLY CRAP, it is. WOW. It only took them 6 hours to get it from a 15foot truck... champion employees. It was a pretty crappy day really. I spent the day on the phone trying to tell my credit card company I paid my bill electronically on saturday, and various other under-paid employees trying to sort out various little things that I have been procrastinating... never pleasant experiences. Anywho, I did get good news from T-Mobile. I explained to them I was trying to get a new phone for a missionary who was out of the country, and hoped they would extend my promo $100 off any phone anniversary deal so I could let him use it since he wouldn't have much money to spend. The guy on the phone said he would extend the offer and if I called and asked for him specifically when I got the new phone, he would hook us up with extra accesories, headpiece and car charger and all that stuff you usually have to buy seperately with a new phone. So that was really cool of him.
Going out to dinner and a movie tomorrow night with my mom, Aunt Brenda, cousin Brit, and Ruby & her boyfriend Chris. We're going to Coltons and then going to go watch the Ugly Truth. I'm excited to see that, I hope it'll be as funny as it looks... but ya know how that goes. All the best. I've also had the opportunity lately to try and teach a lot more about the church, going out with the missionaries and teaching people in my family about various teachings of the church. And since I'm giving a talk in church this Sunday, it's double duty from the normal studies. I have a love-hate relationship with giving talks. I think I can speak eloquently, or at least intelligently, but at the same time, I feel like any talks I put together are just full of a bunch of stuff other members have already heard... I know that's probably not true, there are a LOT of teachings and stuff that people don't tie together, and what seems to be a "duh" thought to me, may be a good new way of looking at it to someone else. Eh well... anyways. That's the update for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment