Thursday, April 7, 2011

Conference, Solutions, and Graduation!

In about 40 hours, I'll be one of those graduates sitting in the BYU-Idaho Center!

This one will be a quickie! Last weekend was conference and we went down to Utah, of course, and watched it with Chance's family. It was excellent to enjoy the, albeit shortlived, warm weather and family! The Sunday we were down there after enjoying the gorgeous 60 degree weather, it snowed! GAH! Friday we went to Chance's mission reunion at the Rayboulds, and I got to meet a convert of Chance's named Kristi. She's pretty dang cool. Chance says if we went to the same high school she would have definitely been in my group of friends. :)


Saturday we had a Thanksgiving style dinner and invited Jacob and Elise over. It was excellent! I was particularly glad we had invited them, after learning Elise had been pretty nauseated the whole day but really enjoyed the meal. We do what we can for our pregnant women... ;)


Monday morning I interviewed with a company called Property Solutions. What a great company! It started because some undergrads at BYU won the BYU MBA Business Plan Competition, went onto the national MBA business plan competition, and won it! They were able to get some money to start-up in 2003, and after some slow growth they've been rocking it since 2007! They do property management solutions for property owners, i.e. websites, payment processing, maintainance request, serach engine optimization, and so forth to help property owners really take care of tenants, and keep their units rented out. Since they process rent payments, they process over $250 million worth of rent payments every month! How insane is that! They have ~100 employees in Utah, and ~100 in India helping with programming. The interview itself I feel went very well, and Chance and I are both realllllyyyyy hoping that I get the position so that we can move to Provo with a little financial security anyways... :)


We came back to Idaho on Monday night and it's been go go go since then. Looking at your apartment after you feel like you've cleaned it really well, but it still looks like crap because the apartment is just old and crappy, is pretty darn disheartening. Regardless, even if things don't look clean, they are, in fact, disinfected. Haha! :) We're going to have a potato bar on Saturday for the graduation party. I thought it'd be fun to do something very Idaho-y for my family, and mom always laughs at my disdain for the lack of proper sized potatos back in Kentucky. ;) I'll post more pictures next week, after I ship all my family back home...


I'm insanely excited for this weekend!

No comments: