Wednesday, February 16, 2011

To futures, shoes, and family

Well, I was going to do day 3 of my 30 day blogging, but I don't have a picture on the computer of myself as a child, and I'm sure I won't be getting my parents online anytime soon, so I'll just post some stuff without my photo, I know you're all upset! ;)
We are doing well, considering! The weather has been nice in Rexburg yesterday and today, and in February, that is something worth mentioning! We've settled into the "new" apartment well, and we're enjoying our time together as best we can. Chance hasn't been able to find a job yet, unfortunately, and my full-time weeks at the fire department are quickly coming to an end. On the plus side, we'll get our taxes back soon, and that will help with things!
We're both pretty excited to move down to Provo. I'm excited for the opportunites that will be there. I get weekly updates on jobs available in the operations end of things, and there is a company in Salt Lake that I would commute for, called Expediters International. I applied with them when we were toying around with moving to California, and they told me to definitely reapply for a position when I'm closer to an office. So that's good. I wouldn't love the commute, but we do what we gotta do. I'm also toying with the idea of going to UVU and getting an associates in Paralegal studies, just because it open up another area to apply for jobs, and knowing some legal terms and laws in general can never hurt, right? :)
I'm excited to live in Provo with all the friends that still play with me... it seems they've all migrated from Rexburg to Provo or beyond... but no matter.
Chance is looking at doing an associates in the valley, automechanics, graphic design, something useful to an industrial design bachelors later on. But mostly we're just excited to be down there by friends and family, and much closer to the more convenient Salt Lake Airport. Plus the lake is gorgeous, and there are nice ski resorts much closer than Targhee is to here, granted Targhee is really really awesome and only about an hour from here. Meh well. I hope everyone will still play with us when we live there... we seem to be pretty busy running around playing with people almost any weekend we take down there, so I'm pretty positive it won't be an issue.

No comments: