Well, mom and Greg are going to Bristol on the 18th, the tuesday after Chance is released, for a race that is on friday. Whatever. It pretty much means they're not going to even try to be here when they are. And why should I expect them to? They've never done anything to accommodate things I find important before unless is benefits them. In this case they (unbeknownst to me) had paid for an RV site from sunday to sunday of that week, and bought the tickets to go even after I told them that was right around the time that the Hales would get to come visit if they came to visit. Go figure. I hate Nascar, and RV's. But mostly Nascar. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And I've felt this way for years, but as life goes on, I find more and more cause to be against those stupid rich people driving cars in circles for hours just begging to wreck. I'm no bitter.
And I keep discovering more lies about why I didn't get to go work in Chicago at my Uncles company. He justified not hiring me because of a few reasons, but is taking another one of my cousins down to chicago to work and earn some money (all of which, I'm sure, will be spent on cigarettes and lottery tickets) and he hired his daughter after telling me the company couldn't afford to pay another office worker. Yet again, go figure. I'm just not impressed with the behavior of my family members right now. I always work myself into thinking that they'll do anything to help me when I need it, and they know I'd do the same back (and I do what I can when I'm here, but I don't have money to lend them, and usually that's what's needed.) but then I'm always dissappointed. I try to include my family in my life and decisions, and they're SO different from the rest of them, that that is actually a task, but I do the best I can. Lately nothing I do is good (i.e. not drinking on my 21st b-day), and no one in my family bothers to say, hey Mandy, good for you getting your first degree, and good luck next year finishing, or hey, glad you don't drink and do drugs and have sex with everyone you date! good for you, make something of yourself. But no, no. My uncle did that, and he did it while being a pretty big A at times to members of the family, and so the assume I'll do the same. I'm trying not to, but it seems the harder I try to keep everyone informed and invited to anything in my life, the more they critisize my decisions and make me feel like I'm not leading the right kind of life (ya know, a drug/alcohol free, college degree and stable life) and so on. Oh well though. I have the great luck to have AMAZING support from other parts of my life and I'm grateful for them, even though they're waning as I left BYU-I, I'm grateful for what I DO have, and what I've yet to gain. Sometimes I just get into a funk and need to vent though, and that's been on my mind for a few weeks now. I'm really a lucky person.
4 comments:
Mandy, it is very difficult to be the only member in your family and have everyone treat you differently. You do your best and leave to the Lord the rest. Surround yourself with only the best and uplifting things. Know everything is for a reason. Be strong my young one. HeHe. There was something else but I forgot and it was really good too. Just know the Lord is smiling down upon you and is happy with the choices you have made.
I'm sorry things are hard for you right now, and generally anytime you need to do things with your family. However, I am always impressed with what you do considering you do not have anyone to cheer you on in your family and that is basically how I function. Much love.
Thanks Ty, you're wonderful, I miss having you around...
Autumn, I love how close your family is, and how supportive they are. It's families like yours that I like to admire, and model my future family after. :) Thanks!
Mandy, I just found your blog!!! I miss you, and wish you were out here with me!! Im comin back to Tennessee, the beginning of August!! But, you'll probably be gone by then! You are such an amazing person, I'm sorry life's been a little hard lately!! Stay strong, I love you!!!
Post a Comment