Saturday, April 18, 2009

Travels: Far and Wide

Well, a week ago I began my travels from Rexburg to Kentucky. We got to Kentucky on Tuesday and I've just been hanging out since then. Funny, I thought I would feel like it's been a long time, or that I didn't have anything to do by now, but I feel like I haven't had time to rest since I got here. Which is ridiculous. I'm running out of money too, so that's great. Here are some photos of the trip.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2010046&id=1196790053&l=9a3c659f43
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2010334&id=1196790053&l=a4e368bc6f
enjoy.

I'm a little bit more screwed than I thought. My uncles company is kind of tanking and they can't afford to hire me. They even laid off his wife essentially. She's working one day a week for them. I don't know what I'm going to do now. I'm so used to living on my own I don't know how I can handle living at home again, but I couldn't get a cheap apartment again cause they would want a lease of like a year or something, and I don't need an apartment that long. :( This is so lame. I left 2 good jobs in Idaho, for a no job in Kentucky. Yay. I'm freaking thrilled right now.

4 comments:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Mandy, I'm sorry that's happening right now! Do some praying, and if all else fails you go back to Idaho (which can't be that bad)

A Drop of Gold said...

;) I wish I could go back there. It would take quite a while to be able to make that trip again. It's a little pricy. $120 just for gas. not to mention food, or lodging, or auto care... -sigh- but it could be worse.

Blake said...

I agree with autumn. If you really can't find anything, maybe you should come back to Idaho. Or go to Chicago with your dad. The wages up there should be higher.

Alex P. Leith said...

First off, Twilight was entertaining, sadly not all those parts were meant to be.

And, if you need it, I can front you the money to come back to Idaho and you can just get around to paying me back whenever you can (it's my form of saving money for a later date).

You're awesome, and don't forget it. (Oh, and my uncle just headed back to LA because he was having a hard time finding work despite his wife working for a school up there, though you all would be looking for different things.)