Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference-Finals

Well, it's that time of the year again.
Conference was this past weekend, and it was awesome! :D It was the first time since I've been in college that I've felt like I could sit down and actually enjoy conference, without a bunch of people running around and such. 3 of my roomates went to SLC, and one went to her sisters house, that left me and one other, and she is the one that basically never comes out of her room anyways. The peace was lovely. I can't wait to have it more often when I get to Chicago next week.
Speaking of Chicago, my mom is coming into Salt Lake to drive back home with me.. which I'm way happy for. I really just want SOMEONE to go with me, but the fact that it's mom makes it pretty cool simply because me and mom really never get time together. And we're going to go to temple square and hopefully stay in the Plaza hotel on temple square which is ridiculously cheap considering... really my biggest motivation is that if we can get a room with a good view of the temple, it will be a good teaching opportunity for me to explain to mom why I wanna get married in the temple, and why I want to do that, even though none of my family can be with me as I get sealed to my eternal companion. I have to try and get them to understand why I want to do.
Anywho, she'll be here saturday at like 3, then we're heading out for our goal (Lincoln, Nebraska) at 6am, and not stopping til 6pm. Then the next day, probably off to KY.. I should look and see if Nauvoo is a possibility along the route... that'd be cool...
So, a few weeks ago, the commencement speaker for BYU-I was announced, typically an apostle comes up and speaks, and basically blesses the graduating class. Well, this semester a 70 was announced as the commencement speaker, and some of the people I know graduating, felt a little gipped. But, on Saturday, Elder Neil L. Andersen of the presidency of the 70 was announced as the newest apostle, to fill the vacacy left by Joseph B. Writhlin. Pretty cool. :D
Anyways, perhaps I will get better at writing in here when I have some more "me" time starting next week. :D

No comments: