Thursday, February 28, 2008

Capriciousness

It is funny how I realize more and more how fickle I am. A new summer opportunity has presented itself... I think it really is between going and selling for The Living Scriptures, an LDS company that sells cartoons of history, scriptures, and the church and regular movies and little other things too, and staying here in Rexburg and focusing on school and try to get a semester ahead. I think either way will be insanely beneficial to me, one academically, and one financially. We shall see where life takes me eh? I'm pretty excited to see what happens.
Girls are so weird. From time to time I am warped back to High School for just a situation... For a couple of weeks I have had the impression that a girl in my ward did not like me. I couldn't understand why, and just assumed that I was being silly and looking at coincidences as attacks. Buuuut. It turns out that she likes Blake, and then it all clicked, she doesn't like me cause he's my friend. Girls are so lame. No wonder I have so few female friends. Haha. That's okay though... being one of the guys has it's pros and cons. I will attempt to keep the cons at bay for the duration, because they are so trivial and very short lived to bother me!
I think often that I am way to judgemental, and I am working on it. I today noticed a girl wearing a shirt in class that was pretty immodest. It distracted me because it's not something that happens at BYU-I and I felt bad for thinking she was less of good person because she had overlooked the way a shirt fit her. Then I got frustrated with myself for such thoughts. Ahg.
School could be better. I am pretty dissapointed in my grades right now, so it's time to really buckle down and make up for it. Luckily the classes that I am not satisfied with are the gen eds that won't apply to my major, but still, I haven't earned a C yet in my life, and I will not start now!
The ward had a luau last night, and it was pretty cool. Me and Heather learned some Hula girl dance moves, and we made Ty and Alex dance with us when the people told the girls to get guys to go up and dance with them. That was hilarious! Boys shaking their hips. It was priceless. I entertained the thought of getting Blake but went with Alex instead, threw everyone for a loop apparently. Sheesh. They gotta realize: I'm fickle.
I got to talk to a girl from my home ward earlier. It is crazy how all the little old ladies from the ward want like a date report from me...hahaha, I think they'll be sadly disappointed. Too bad. I'm not really worried about it. Having friends is so much better than begining a relationship. Especially here where all the RMs are marriage heads. Okay, well, not all... but a lot! I want to make it easy as possible to go on a mission. And if I don't get to go... well. There will be something planned for me.
I took a nap today after my first class and got to sleep for like 45 minutes. It felt so good! The lack of sleep is getting to me, and fast. I stay up at night thinking, a lot. About nothing in particular, just that once I lay down and stop thinking about schoolwork, my brain shifts into me mode and doesn't quit, even though me is shouting to shutup and go to sleep! Like it is now. Until I should write again my friends.

No comments: