I'm not sure how many people have experienced this fun little meteorological phenom, but I am not a fan!
Basically when there's lots of snow on the ground, sunny days, clear weather, and a high pressure system on top of all that fun stuff the atmosphere traps all the pollution, that is usually blown away over the mountains, or straight up into the atmosphere, nice and close to the ground instead. This makes the air quality miserable, and my asthma (which is only exertion induced but the exertion is a lot more easily induced at these elevations) unbearable. If you exercise outside just 30 minutes during inversion like what Salt Lake has been going through lately it is the equivalent of smoking an ENTIRE pack of cigarettes! Bleh!
So moving on, Chance had a job interview at BMW of Murray, which would be really cool because maybe there would be a chance to continue photographing new cars, and more importantly drive them!
In my career (duh duh duh!) I am currently a Merchandise Planning Support Associate. What this means is I help the merchandise planners to manage Overstock.com's finances essentially, where to allocate money for what areas to purchase products and put on site. I do this through a system called SAS Merchandise Intelligence. I was hired in April to take over the administration of this system. The system is yet to be fully implemented, however, and seven months late my manager decided it was time to try and expand my horizons and talents and learn how to do more. I cannot express how grateful I am to work with the people that I do. I have a manager that looks out for me, and teammates that are so easy to socialize with intelligently!
That being said, I have been exploring the opportunity to move from my role as as Merchandise Planning Support associate to what is called a Demand Management Analyst (DMA). I already work fairly close with the DMA's and understand their role somewhat comprehensively. I interviewed with the Director of Pricing and Demand Mangement, and the two DMA managers a little over a week ago. I haven't heard conclusively whether or not I will be making the move over to a DMA role, but my manager has gotten positive feedback independently from both of the DMA managers, and my managers boss (the director or Merchandise Analytics) non-chalantly made the comment (while talking about the DMA's) "So you're going to be joining them soon, huh?" so I take all these things to be good signs that it will happen. :) This is a promotion, and a great place to be in the Overstock.com organization as the DMA group is the most often poached department in the COMPANY. They teach great transferable skills that I've already begun to develop, but it will just get that much better in the DMA role. It's exciting to be in a career position, and not just a job. This far into my experience at TJ Maxx I was already hunting for something more- but in my role here I feel like I still know absolutely nothing! I know I DO know stuff- but you know the feeling of being surrounded by super stars. ;)
This is a little long winded but I love to read about what is going on with my friends and family, and I hope you all feel the same- and go out and update me on your life somehow! Call, text, e-mail, facebook message, whatever!!
No comments:
Post a Comment