Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to school...

Back to school, to prove to dad I'm not a fool. OOOOO Back to school..

Yea, big semester for me, I'm really at the apex of the business management major, it's pretty much getting through this semester that is going to tell you if you have any chance at doing well in the business world. The IBC. It's intense already. After one day of class we have about 90 pages of reading to prepare for 2 quizzes tomorrow and a group presentation. All by the 3rd day of school!! It's pretty insane to hit the ground running like we have, but I think I'm going to like it, it's going to be hard as heck. But I have a good team who are all older than me by at least 2 years, so hopefully they'll be more mature than some of the other groups I've been able to work with. I'm the only one married in the group of 5, and so far it looks like everyone is pretty well committed to putting forth a good amount of effort to make this work, and not just coast through the semester. Chance is liking classes so far too, he's in a guitar class so of course he's eating that up and learning some techniques that he hasn't been too diligent about learning by himself. We both have online classes to tend to, as well as work. We get up and part each others company by 8am on the weekdays and don't see each other again until 5 or 6 pm, but we still have weekends together, and our Canada trip is coming up fast! We're really excited about it, and overall we're quite happy with things. I lost my wallet on Jan 2nd, that's really been frustrating, replacing what I can, but there are things in there that I'm pretty torn up about having lost. I had temple schedules from all the temple I have been to. Rexburg, Nashville, Palmyra, Nauvoo, Mesa, and some I hadn't been to, like Toronto. Chance sent me that one on his mission. It also had pictures of Chance and I that were a few years old, and a little keepsake wallet-sized card that he sent me years ago... I'm really really sad about losing those. And of course the money that was in it is really annoying, and my temple recommend. Losing that so close to our trip in which really our only big reason for going is to go through the temple! It's been really frustrating, but we're surviving. It's allll good. Just one of those things, ya know. Well, back to the grind in getting some work done before I go back to school. :)

No comments: